When not to float
- Before shaving or waxing
- If you have lathered yourself in perfume/aftershave
- If you are severely sun burnt
- If you have dyed your hair with a water based dye
- If you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- If you are suffering from an unstable mental health condition, such as psychosis or have suicidal tendencies
- If you are an epileptic where seizures could endanger your safety in the float tank
- If you have extremely high or low blood pressure unless advised by GP
- If you have a severe contagious disease or infectious skin condition and open/infected wounds
- If you are wearing plasters/bandages
- If it has been less than two weeks since you experienced gastroenteritis/diarrhoea
- Those with asthma, a heart condition, diabetes should seek advice from their GP
Do I need to bring anything?
You may bring your own towel or for a £1 fee hire one from us, We supply everything else, gowns, ear plugs, shampoo/conditioner and hair-dryer.
How do you keep the tanks clean?
The tanks filtered entirely between sessions and overnight, The saline solution does not support parasitic, fungal or bacterial life in the water. Additionally we use UV filtration and a small amount of H202, Our pods are much safer than using a public pool or spa.
What if I’m claustrophobic?
Being in the pod is more like floating in space than being in an enclosed space. You’re always in control of your environment. You may keep the pod door open and light on if you wish. People with extreme cases of claustrophobia have consistently reported no problems.
Can I drown if I fall asleep?
No. Some people fall asleep and as the water is so buoyant you stay afloat. At worst, you may be woken up by a bit of salt water in your eyes.
Will my skin wrinkle?
No. The Epsom salt in the water is a natural skin emollient. Your skin will feel silky smooth
Can I bring a friend?
Absolutely just ensure that at the time of booking two tanks are available.
Is the water hot like a spa?
No. The water is warmed to skin receptor neutral temperature, 34.5 degrees. It’s not hot and it’s not cold. This is the ideal temperature for floating for long periods.
Can I float if I am pregnant?
Pregnant women love floating and many report feeling a deeper connection to their baby. There is even a special position you can float in that relieves all of the weight of your baby off of your body. If you are in your first trimester, or have any concerns, please consult with your GP before coming in.
Do I wear anything in the tank?
You are alone in the tank and room, We find that wearing swimwear distracts from the experience as the feeling of a costume or trunks pressing against the body and takes away from the experience. However its entirely your choice.
Are there any negative side effects?
There are virtually no negative side-effects. All the effects of deep sensory relaxation are wholly beneficial and work simultaneously at a physical, mental and emotional level
What is Epsom salt?
Epsom Salt is Magnesium Sulphate and is non toxic. It has been used for centuries for it’s healing properties. It raises the density of the water making you float and it softens your skin. It’s also great to soak in if you have a magnesium sulphate deficiency.
Will I have enough air in the pod?
Yes. There is a vent that allows air to be expelled and fresh air to come into the pod.